Monday, April 12, 2010

Phase 2: Bathrooms

Phase 2 of our home renovation has begun. Do you have any idea how difficult it is for a family of 4 (not counting the baby because he isn't mobile yet) to use one bathroom? It's no walk in the park, that's for sure!

This weekend started off with a quick trip to Lowe's & Home Depot. The floor we are putting in the master bath had to be ordered, so that's taken care of and will arrive sometime in the next two weeks. But the floors we're using for the other two baths were in stock. Purchased that, and all the things that we thought we'd need (of course not everything, as I've made probably 3-4 trips back since) and headed home to get started.

I wish I would have taken before shots so you'd know just how tacky the bathrooms were. Awful white carpet is throughout my house. Err, let me rephrase that... Awful carpet that should be white is throughout my house, including the bathrooms. We bought this house as a short sale. The 300 people who lived together as renters prior to their landlord going broke reaked havoc on the floors. The flooring everywhere is getting refurbished, but in baby steps. This phase is just the bathrooms.

We are currently in the "the tile has been laid, but not grouted" stage. Hopefully the grout will go in this afternoon and the bathroom accessories can go back in very soon. Right now it's somewhat like going to the DMV - take a number, you'll get service when your number is up.

I know, the settlers two hundred years ago didn't have bathrooms, and had to share an outhouse. But, I'm not a settler two hundred years ago. I do not share bathrooms well. Especially not with angsty teenagers who wake up before I do and are loud and obnoxious when getting ready for school.

Tune in for pictures, at some point everything will be back together and I'll share "after" pics, even though you can't have "before" pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment