Monday, February 22, 2010

The White Stuff

I'm a warm weather person. I grew up in the south. There was very little, if any snow. In fact, I probably have seen more snow in the 8 months since I moved to Colorado than I've seen in my entire life.

At first the snow was amazing. A fluffy white wonderland of beauty to my virgin eyes. Our first snow storm came two weeks after I had Baby in October. Somehow two feet of snow wasn't nearly as enticing as recovering from a c-section. Oldest and middle child loved it. They learned how to build a snowman for the first time in their lives. Of course they could do without shoveling the drive.

Oldest & middle children learning how to shovel snow, Oct. 2009.

Snow came and went, we had a good relationship. Nothing major accumulated until Christmas. In 30 years I'd never seen a white Christmas. I still didn't get to enjoy it because Baby was recovering from a respiratory infection and hospital stay. Then we hit a dry spell. Literally, no snow - or none to speak of - from Christmas until now.

Currently, we have enough on the ground for middle child to have fun in, and we spent the better part of Sunday afternoon sledding.

middle child & the hubs playing in the snow.

It's not the "Snowmageddon" the east coast had a couple weeks ago. But for me it's plenty. I keep hearing that March is typically our biggest accumulation month. So stay tuned, we'll see how many broken bones I end up with from falls. So far the score is: Driveway - 2, Beth - 0. I think I'll go back to my days as a hermit.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! People down here think I'm such a grump about the snow but they don't understand that I grew up with Snowmageddon EVERY winter!! If AR had the equipment to deal with it, the small snows we get here would be enjoyable... but I'm not a fan of the "trapped in the house / ice on the road for days" bit.

    Don't try to walk on the packed down / icy snow. Shuffle your feet instead. It will limit the bone breakage. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he - that's what I did this morning. Still, PLUNK. Face first into the snow. Should've left the garbage cans out for Andre to get tonight. lol...

    ReplyDelete