Friday, May 14, 2010

My Return to the Movies - and a Glimpse at Robin Hood

I don't typically do movie reviews... I leave that up to Audreya. She is the movie buff, I am the foodie. However; the spousal unit and I have been anxiously awaiting the premier of Robin Hood. So will be providing you a full report either sometime over the weekend or first thing Monday morning. I am looking forward to this movie for a number of reason, least of which is the fact that this will be the first movie I've gotten to see in a theatre since New Moon debuted. I am a huge fan of movie theatres and the experience that comes with them. What better way to get reaquainted than with an action packed film?


You see, we (the spousal unit and me) are big fans of both Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott. In fact, our favorite movie is Gladiator. I have to be honest, part of me is hoping this movie isn't a reincarnation of Gladiator in midevil times. After all, it is the same actor and the same director. And in the trailor there are some striking similarities. There are also actors that intrigue me... For instance Scott Grimes (a.k.a. Dr. Archie Morris from ER) will be playing Will Scarlett. It is hard for me to picture Grimes as anyone other than the geeky doctor/pathological sperm donor from ER. It's also hard for me to picture Will Scarlett as anyone other than Christian Slater as I think that was probably Slater's best role ever.

I am thrilled; however, by Crowe playing Robin. True, I grew up on Kevin Costner's portrayal. But really, Robin Hood should have an accent. And of today's leading men with accents there is no better than Russell Crowe for this Role. Hugh Jackman or Gerard Butler were people I briefly thought about, but decided Crowe probably is the most likely to fully embody the character. Plus, I'm more likely to pay attention to the movie with Crowe than fantasize about Jackman, ahhh... I digress.

I apparently am not smart enough to figure out how to embed the movie trailer. So in case you live in a hole and haven't seen the trailer yet, you can click here to see "trailer #3" it's the most action packed trailer.

2 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to hearing how you liked it. Honestly, it's not on my list at this point, but I could be persuaded. Are you ever coming back to AR? We could go to the movies together! :-)

    (To embed a video, you have to switch to Edit HTML and post it there. Then you can click back to Compose and finish typing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Thanks for the tip. I kept trying... it wasn't happening.

    We are going to be in town for the 4th of July. Exact dates still to be determined. That'd be great if we could get together for a movie!

    ReplyDelete