Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Having a Hard Time Planning a Menu

This rarely happens, food is a specialty of mine, I love to cook and plan parties/meals. However, I have to admit that I'm having a hard time figuring out what's on the menu for Easter. You see, this will be our first Easter just the four of us.

Typically, Easter (as any major holiday) is spent with my side of the family at my parents house. Picture a scene from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and you have a scene from my family. Even though there were only three children, we're loud and everyone's into everyone's business. Sunday dinners are a big deal, and holiday dinners are especially a big deal.

We got through Christmas just fine... we had the hubs' family here. So it wasn't so glaring that we were alone. This weekend is shaping up to be another story. First, there's the obvious - less family. Now, when you are used to helping plan a family meal for about 15 hearty eaters and suddenly you're downsizing that to 4 it makes things interesting. Next, there's the delimia of what do you eat, exactly? All the sides and trimmings you're used to having on the table just seems like overkill when it's for so few people. And of course there's the debate of what will the main entree be? Traditionally we've had ham in my house, but this year lamb has been suggested. hmmm.....

So, I'm at a complete and total loss. I'm opening it up to suggestions. What are your Easter traditions? Apparently we're going to have to make some new ones here, so I'd like to steal from you if you're willing to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment