Friday, March 19, 2010

It's been a ho-hum kind of week

I haven't blogged too much lately. I'll blame it on a variety of reasons, but probably first and foremost is the fact that I have difficulty deciding what would be interesting for you to read about versus what makes me sound like a bitter old lady, ha ha!

Truth be told, this has been a difficult week. It shouldn't have been, but somehow it has. I blame the time change. Even the baby isn't thrilled with this new schedule. He's very schedule oriented, and the fact that I now have to wake him up in order to take middle child to school has not been made for a happy baby this week. Top that with the crazy weather (70 degrees a couple days this week followed by what I am deeming a blizzard outside right now) and you just have a recipe for chaos.

On the bright side, Uncle Sam was nice to us this year, so we can go ahead with our home improvement plans and hopefully have a new shade of paint in the living room and new flooring before we get too far into spring. The hubs still thinks he's going to do the floors himself. I'm hoping he lets me know when this is taking place so I can plan a vacation - anyone want to run off to the spa or a girls weekend in the mountains? lol...

So, there you have it... a very boring review of my week. I'll try very hard to post something a bit more interesting next week (if nothing else, at least recipe Wednesday will return - I'm attempting an interesting Salmon dish tonight, that has potential for disaster written all over it).

2 comments:

  1. Girl's weekend in the mountains sounds great. Maybe my DH can help your DH with the flooring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up for a girls weekend whenever you are!! And yes, Andre will be hitting Ron up soon. When the remodelling is done if it takes longer than a weekend I may have to temporarily move into your basement - consider yourself warned!

    ReplyDelete