Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Remove My Name From Your List

Really, there are "Do Not Call" Lists that appear to work fairly well (I don't get too many telemarketer calls anymore, just folks looking for donations). However, what about "Do Not Email"? I know, with just a click of a button it's easily erased. But I get irritated having to erase so much spam.

Recently, it's not just the spam that's irritating to me. It's the political crap. Don't get me wrong, I like to be "in the know." But, I don't like to be bombarded. I especially don't like to be bombarded by candidates who I can't even vote for.

So, to the Senator from Arkansas who I will not name but have not ever voted for and do not intend to vote for (especially now that it would be illegal as I am registered to vote in a different state): I do not know how you got my email address, nor do I understand why you are addressing me as "Milton" - this is my father's name, but his name has nothing to do with my email address "ebeth", nor is he a fan of yours either. Kindly cease mailing me your political propaganda.

I have written your office now three times saying I moved out of your state. My last email was even quite rude itemizing why I have not ever supported you/do not ever intend to support you. However, it apparently was not read by your staff. So consider this an open letter to you, your staff and any supporter you may have who knows me (yes, I will still claim them as friends and forgive their poor judgement in political views. This is America afterall.) to remove me from your list. It shouldn't be that hard! Just a click of a button. Surely the minions in your office can handle that task. If they can't, then I would suggest you look into replacing them with more efficient staff who would not be wasting my tax dollars.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment